UNESCO Chair of Cyberspace and Culture: Dual-Spacization of the World
UNESCO Chair of Cyberspace and Culture: Dual-Spacization of the World is focused on two kind of activities: Education and Research. Hence, this project defines courses in both BA and MA levels at Faculty of World Studies and Faculty of Social Sciences at University of Tehran. Also, online courses are proposed in case international students want to join this program virtually. Doing research projects on cyberspace with a dual spacized paradigm is our second focus. Here, having in mind the unique nature of our dual globalized environment, we study political, cultural, economic, and global aspects of the new world by our new concepts such as virtual time, virtual work, de-centralization of productions, distributions and consumptions, etc. to show how issues like poverty, education and mutual understanding could be worked-through. Over the last few years large volumes of studies with this theoretical framework have been carried out both on Iranian and global contexts which culminated in continuous rectification of the theory and generated new trends in studying cyberspace. Now, UNESCO Chair of Cyberspace and Culture: Dual-Spacization of the World under close supervision of Professor Saied Reza Ameli, gives a new dimension to this subject and studies Iranian and international cyberspace with a dual-spacized view. Our main objectives in this project are:
- Understanding roles, effects and cons and pros of ICTs on development around the world especially in less development area,
- Understanding roles and effects of ICTs in urban and rural development, environment preservations, and also pollution reduction,
- Introducing a new way to see Information and communication technologies,
- Establishing a new framework for using and application of ICTs governance and management by governmental, public and private sector,
- Promote and publicize goods and services using new ICTs processes and procedures,
- Presenting a universal framework based on dual-spacization paradigm to digitalize information and services for development,
- Establishment public courses on ICTs development and management for public and private sectors.
UNESCO Chair of Cyberspace and Culture: Dual-Spacization of the World, therefore, invites researchers and scholars from around the world to join pioneer research projects in this institute.
The members of the board are expected to fulful the following tasks, but, as the nature of this Chair is related to cyberspace and members of the board are virtually in different parts of the world, they can simply choose one or more tasks or contribute in other ways:
- To assume a role of scientific and intellectual leadership for the development of theory and practice in the field of cyberspace studies;
- To oversee the development of cooperative plans between the Chair and other international scientific bodies;
- To oversee the development of relations with international bodies working in the area of governing the Internet;
- To advise on the solicitation of proposals for new programs, workshops, etc.
- Evaluate proposals either for individual researchers who want to work with the Chair or research related bodies who send proposals of joint work with the Chair;
- To make recommendations on the renewal and balance of the Chairs membership.